Thursday, January 14, 2010

visitors!


This is my first blog at the new site.  I hope it works better for everyone, it certainly is easier on my end.  It had gotten to the point where I couldn’t upload anything, and the blog was gone, vanished into cyberspace, to some obscure galaxy where no one could retrieve it.  It was time to make a change. 

 

            For the last week or so we have had the most wonderful company out here in the wilderness!  Isaac’s mom, my mom, and my youngest sister were all out here visiting.  I know I had a blast, and hope everyone else did as well.  The week included some interesting (and quite adventurous) flying to get out here.  I commend all participants for being of strong spirit…  The weather was a little prickly for both flying days, the coming and the going.  Everyone showed up with a smile, and looks of sheer exhiliration, although perhaps slightly wobbly legs. 

            The time was spend hiking in all directions. Seeking views when the days brought clear weather, and staying in the river canyon when it didn’t.  We persuaded the horses and mules to take us riding up and down river.  We listened to the wolves serenade us from just across the river one night, and found their fresh-caught dinner the next day while hiking (a mule deer).  We sauntered past a large herd of Bighorn sheep up high on the benches, and quickened our saunter when one large ram began to follow us with a particularly determined look in his eye.  We clambered high onto the ridge to catch an incredible view (and I scared the bejeezus out of myself, remembering just how steep it gets up there, and wondered how we were ever going to get back down, but I’m pretty sure my guests did better than I did).  We spent relaxed and lazy mornings in the warm cabin, knitting and visiting and talking about wilderness.

Basically, Isaac and I got to remember what an amazing place this is, just by watching people see it with new eyes.  It really was refreshing and a wonderful visit.  Thank you all!  

2 comments:

  1. It was a blast! Thanks for having me. The new blog looks great too- you guys switched that over fast! Love, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was incredible! No words can express the experience. I would come again in a heart beat. The flight in and out only added to the amazing time. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity.I love you both so much. mom

    ReplyDelete